September 2015 Booster Club Meeting Minutes
Amy Hopper, Beth Price, Deb Trachenberg, Amy Montalba, Tami Lester, John Rudoph, Susie Turner, Heather Goren, Vesa Tontti, Liz Jereski, David Ghadoushi, Neda Ghadoushi, Leiauna Anderson, Leslie Williams, Elissa Robins, Noya Goudar, Julie Silliman, Tamar Malley Hill, Michael Guttentag, Mark Landay
PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS (Amy Hopper)
- Congratulations to Canyon Student, Canyon Teachers and Principal regarding SMARTER BALANCE TEST. Canyon is 1st in the District and 4th in the State. Amy suggest a Thank you lunch to the teachers. Details to follow.
- Thank you for the Clean-Up Committee spear headed by Kendra Sosothikul and Design Team. Proposed Clean Up is a monthly or bi monthly project.
- Thank you for the success of School on Wheels Drive.
- GOAL for the year is to work closely with the Governing Council. Everyone’s voice should be heard. Advocating positive energy inside and outside the community.
PRINCIPAL’S & TEACHERS’ MESSAGE (Katje Davis & Nicole Sheard)
Thank you for excellent turn out on Back to School Night. Parental/Guardian involvement is an important part of your child’s education.
- 9/25/15 5th Grade Popsicle Stand
- 10/7/15 Walk to School Day
Wish list success? Requested Feedback.
GOVERNING BOARD REPORT:
Good turn-out at the meeting. Planned changes:
- Present an Agenda
- Minutes to be a narrative.
New Treasurer, Kikka Hanazawa Voted in. Thank you to Leslie Williams for jumping in last year. Continue to promote transparency and Plans - New Bank to meeting Canyon needs.
Budget Collaboration Committee-- working with Governing Council to meet Budgeting needs.
ANNUAL GIVING UPDATE:
We have raised $120,115 to date. Committee will follow up with Ambassadors during the course of the year.
Committeed voted to continue planning and research for banner along Canyon’s Entrada wall.
GLOW/Party Book Update – send your Party ideas in. Glow Hats a hit.
Pumpkin Patch Update – mark your calendars 10/19 start date.
VOLUNTEERS—amazing turn out. Thank you to the community.