Governing Council Meeting Minutes - February 21, 2019
Sign in and Welcome
No approval of last month’s minutes. Minutes will be sent to members for approval.
Ms. Sheard was offsite at a Restorative Justice training session.
- Book Fair is Feb. 25- March 1st from 7:45 – 3pm. Coinciding with parent teacher conferences that same week. Mr. Butts asks to please cut off sales at 8:10 am, so kids don’t come in late to class.
- BFFs $307,952 – 74% of goal
- Fiesta looking for new things that will be announced within the next month. Their committee is complete
- Auction looking for committee volunteers- looking for donated items
- Olympics day $93,700
- Party Book $90,00
- Canyon partners – banners will be sold in April
- Canyon’s 125th anniversary – push to have the event next year since the first day of school was October 1894. Trying to revive jammin’ in the canyon. Looking for talent. Team is ready to go. One potential talent but wants us to partner with another charity. Looking for music business connections. Gather data on our Alumni who might be interested and would like to celebrate those people. Catherine Von Goetz has been a great resource.
Behavior – Talked about doing a survey to see how second step is working for the staff. Talked about Bee bucks in the classroom. Ask Nicole to talk to the aides about handing out Bee bucks.
Community service -Nothing new to report
Curriculum – Interim assessment due by tomorrow
Digital learning – booster reps discussed budget for this year and next and for the future. Discussed the vision moving forward both teachers need and student needs.
Landscape design – Going to do campus clean up. First weekend in April
Safety –nothing new
Ad hoc Committees
Budget – Ms. Sheard is working on the budget
Charter accountability – no
Communications – no
Outreach – Tour last week and two more in March and April
Personnel – Michelle is a long-term sub. Ms. Hollander is out on pregnancy leave
Instructional leadership – no
Parent Ed – no
New business – no
Announcements – presale tickets for the talent show go on sale next Thursday. It’s a fifth grade fundraiser, Friday March 8, there will be two shows in the auditorium. They’re also hoping for parent sponsors to underwrite the costs.
2:16 adjourn Ms. Riddle second Miss Khoussoussi