Nicole's Note: Sep 27th
Walk to School Day! Volunteers Needed!
We have open volunteer positions if you are able to help make Walk to School Day fun and successful. For more information or to help with this event, please join us on Monday, September 28th at 2:30 in Room 1.
Join your friends and neighbors as Canyon Charter Elementary hosts Walk to School Day on Wednesday, October 7, 2015. Walk to School Day is a yearly national event that encourages physical activity among children and youth. It is a way for parents, students, school personnel and other community members to directly experience the walk to school as they walk with students on the day of the event. It often generates wider teaching about the importance of physical activity, awareness of the benefits of walking, and early identification of safety concerns. The event concludes before the school day begins.
Walking to school has so many great benefits:
- Reduces traffic around schools
- Helps to improve air quality
- Builds stronger school and community partnerships
- Builds awareness for safer ways to school
- Help students live healthy lifestyles
- Focus schools, parents and city agencies on ways to solve safety concerns
We hope that your family will join many other Canyon families for this special Citywide Walktober event on Wednesday, October 7th.