Come Join Us!
This Thursday we will be holding our very first Committee Meetings of the school year. The Governing Council Standing Committees are determined by the needs of the school and most committees have both teacher and parent/community representation. This is a great way for parents to stay informed and get involved in what is going on at Canyon throughout the year. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend whatever committee is of interest to them. Committee members work collaboratively to implement changes and ideas that make Canyon the exceptional place it is. If you have any ideas, or just want to hear what’s going on in a particular area, please consider joining one of our committees!
The current list of Standing Committees is as follows:
- Behavior (Room 18)- ensures the safety of all students in a variety of settings, both on the playground and in the classroom
- Community Service (Library)- - develops projects that seek to foster an understanding and positive connection between Canyon students and the local and global community
- Curriculum (Room 6)- - oversees curriculum recommended texts and professional development
- Landscape and Design (Room K1)- - oversees projects intended to improved the physical school campus and its grounds
- Safety (Room 8)- - promotes safety throughout the campus and facilitates preparedness in the event of an emergency
- Digital Learning (Room 14)- - shapes acquisition and use of technology on campus
Meetings are typically held the third Thursday of the month and take place from 2:00-3:00.
I hope to see you at one of our committee meetings next week!